On Sale: 2011-10-17
Within the pages of It Is Dangerous To Be Right When The Government Is Wrong, New York Times best-selling author Judge Andrew P. Napolitano lays out the case that the U.S. government, whose first obligation is to protect and preserve individual freedoms, actually does neither.
About the Book
DOES THE GOVERNMENT EXIST TO SERVE US OR TO MASTER US?If the government exists to serve us, and if freedom is part of our humanity, how can the government take freedom from us? Is human freedom in America a myth, or is it reality? The United States of America was born out of a bloody revolt against tyranny. Yet almost from its inception, the government here has suppressed liberty. Within the pages of It Is Dangerous To Be Right When The Government Is Wrong, New York Times best-selling author Judge Andrew P. Napolitano lays out the case that the U.S. government, whose first obligation is to protect and preserve individual freedoms, actually does neither.
The judge offers eye-opening, sometimes frightening examples of how, time and again, the human liberties we are guaranteed in the Constitution are vanishing before our eyes. He asks: where does freedom come from? How can government in America exercise power that the people have not given to it? What forces have collaborated to destroy personal freedom? This back-to-basics on freedom addresses hard questions:
- What is a Constitution, and do we still have one?
- What are the limits to government power in a free society?
- Why does the government attack, rather than defend, our rights?
- If our rights are inalienable, how can the government take them away?
- Do we really own any private property?
- ISBN: 9781595553508
- ISBN 10: 1595553509
- Imprint: Thomas Nelson
- On Sale: 2011-10-17
- Pages: 320
- List Price: $24.99
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication Date: 2011-10-17
- Trim Size: 152.000mm x 231.000mm x 30.000mm
- Weight: 494.000gr
- Category 1 : POLITICAL SCIENCE / General