The Wonder That Is You, written by critically-acclaimed author Glenys Nellist, is a heartwarming picture book that captures the universal love and joy parents feel as they celebrate the arrival of a new child.
About the Book
A heartwarming book that beautifully captures the universal love and joy parents feel as they celebrate the arrival of their new child. A perfect gift for baby showers, baptisms, adoptions, birthdays, or any time you want to tell your little one how much they are loved.
Every parent dreams of embracing their new child. When that dream comes true, it’s as if all of creation rejoices with them. In the tradition of Nancy Tillman’s On The Night You Were Born and Emily Winfield Martin’s The Wonderful Things You Will Be comes The Wonder That Is You by critically-acclaimed author Glenys Nellist.
Something special happens when a child is in your arms as you read them this book. Something you and your little one will never, ever forget.
It felt as if the world stood still
The day my dream came true,
And all creation paused to see
The wonder that is you.
Wonder That Is You is:
- Not only a perfect gift for new babies, but also a precious story to read aloud with big brothers and sisters in anticipation of the new arrival
- A heartwarming way to tell your children or grandchildren of any age how special they are and how much that are loved
- A soothing bedtime book that will have your little ones falling fast asleep in your loving arms
IN THIS LYRICAL, RHYMING CHILDREN'S PICTURE BOOK, a mother's joy knows no bounds as she welcomes her much-anticipated and loved child into the world, even as all of creation celebrates with her. Author Glenys Nellist exuberantly and eloquently captures a mother's awe and gratitude at receiving so great a gift: 'It felt as if the world stood still / The day my dream came true. / And all creation paused to see / The wonder that is you. / It seemed to me that oceans surged / And shouted out your name, / And everyone around me knew / I'd never be the same.' Illustrator Aurelie Blanz's vivid, energetic pictures capture the buoyant life-affirming atmosphere of Nellist's poetry. Myriad creatures -- deer, butterflies, an owl, rabbits, a whale, fish, a frog, geese, a kitten, and more -- look at the newborn in amazement. Flowers, the moon, trees, stars, and the breeze welcome the infant into God's astounding world. The mothers and babies that Blanz depicts reflect the diversity of God's good creation of different races, and one of the ties that binds them together -- the birth of children. The Wonder That is You is recommended as a gift, not only for the birth of a child, but also to possibly commemorate an infant's baptism.
- ISBN: 9780310766698
- ISBN 10: 0310766699
- Imprint: Zonderkidz
- On Sale: 2019-07-23
- Pages: 32
- List Price: $17.99
- Publisher: Zonderkidz
- Publication Date: 2019-07-23
- Trim Size: 260.000mm x 260.000mm x 9.000mm
- Weight: 430.000gr
- Category 1 : JUVENILE FICTION / Family / New Baby
- Category 2 : JUVENILE FICTION / Family / General (see also headings under Social Themes)
- Category 3 : JUVENILE FICTION / Family / Adoption
- Category 4 : JUVENILE FICTION / Religious / Christian / Family