The Children of God Storybook Bible is a collection of beloved Bible stories written by Archbishop Desmond Tutu and presents the idea of God’s forgiveness and reconciliation to children. Each of the stories emphasizes God’s desire for all people to live in community.
About the Book
Creating the first truly global Bible for children of all nationalities, Desmond Tutu retells more than fifty of his most beloved Bible stories, artfully highlighting God’s desire for people of every color and every background to love one another and to find peace and forgiveness in their hearts.
The Children of God Storybook Bible represents a marked achievement in portraying the diverse peoples of the Bible and connecting Scripture with the multitude of ethnicities across the globe who seek to know and love God’s Word. Many of the finest artists from around the world—such as Jago, E.B. Lewis, Javaka Steptoe, and Xiao Xin—have been selected to illustrate these stories, infusing each one with the style and richness of their own culture.
The stunning, full-color illustrations found throughout the Children of God Storybook Bible allow readers to experience the Bible stories as if they were there, with Adam and Eve in the garden, with Noah on the ark, with Abraham in the desert, and with Jesus on the mountaintop.
As Desmond Tutu says: “In the spirit of celebrating children all over the world, each illustrator in this book has been invited to draw on their own unique and rich cultural heritage in their portrayal of these Biblical stories. Their art is truly a marvelous reflection of how we are all made in God’s image.”
The Children of God Storybook Bible:
- Features Archbishop Desmond Tutu retelling fifty of his most beloved Bible stories
- Includes stunning illustrations from many of the finest artists from around the world, such as Jago, E.B. Lewis, Javaka Steptoe, and Xiao Xin
- Shows how God works through history, ending each biblical story with a short prayer, personalizing the message for each reader’s own life
- Is filled with Archbishop Tutu’s wisdom, compassion, and sense of humor as he reminds us, “We are all God’s children.”
International Book Award
- ISBN: 9780310719120
- ISBN 10: 0310719127
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2010-08-14
- Pages: 128
- List Price: $18.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2010-08-14
- Trim Size: 222.000mm x 254.000mm x 16.000mm
- Weight: 693.000gr
- Category 1 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Religion / Bible Stories / General
- Category 2 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Religion / Bible Stories / Old Testament
- Category 3 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Religion / Bible Stories / New Testament
- Category 4 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Religious / Christian / Early Readers
- Category 5 : JUVENILE NONFICTION / Religious / Christian / Inspirational
- Category 6 : NATURE / Dogs