How to Lead in a World of Distraction
On Sale: 2019-09-24
There are common white noises in leadership and ministry that we use to mask our unpleasant emotions and ignore the desires deep inside us. This book is a guide to help you listen to yourself, to recognize what your emotions, your body, and your spirit are saying to you by turning down the white noise threatening to control your life.
About the Book
"This book is such a valuable resource--not just for leaders but for anyone longing to make a difference in the world." - DAVE RAMSEY
"Clay helps you move beyond the distractions to a moment-by-moment awareness that will help you regulate the way you think, act, and feel." - IAN MORGAN CRON
"In this book Clay provides leaders with practical ways to turn down the noise personally and organizationally." - ANDY STANLEY
Maximize your influence by turning down the noise.
While many leaders have learned to tune out distractions that keep them from being productive, they remain deaf to their inner desires and emotions. In How to Lead in a World of Distraction, Clay Scroggins teaches leaders four simple habits that create space for emotional evaluation and exploration. These helpful practices will empower leaders to replace the chaos of their busy days with emotional competence and awareness that leads to a calmer, more fulfilling life.
You'll learn how to incorporate four noise-cancelling habits into your daily life--finding simplicity, speaking to yourself, getting quiet, and pressing pause--that will make you mindful and aware of the vital inner desires that need your attention. Transforming the toxic cocktail of emotional distraction starts with emotional awareness--being able to identify and understand your emotions--which ultimately leads to emotional healing and transformed leadership. And it all starts here.
How to Lead in a World of Distraction:
- Teaches leaders four simple habits that create space for emotional evaluation and exploration
- Empowers leaders to replace the emotional chaos in their increasingly busy days with an emotional awareness that will lead to a calmer, more fulfilling life
- Encourages leaders to fully embrace tangible steps each day until emotional distractions--the numbing nature of entertainment and social media and the urgency of the daily grind--are permanently replaced by calm, effective, and gratifying leadership
In my early days as a leader, if I had known myself better, I would have made better decisions. Self-knowledge is priceless, and in this book Clay helps you move beyond the distractions to a moment-to-moment awareness that can help you regulate the way you think, act, and feel.
Let's be honest . . . we live in a world filled with distractions. And you don't even have to go looking for them. They'll find you! But experiencing genuine momentum means stopping distractions in their tracks. And that's what makes How to Lead in a World of Distraction such a valuable resource--not just for leaders but for anyone longing to make a difference in the world.
This book provides practical ways to help you focus on what's most important and to grow as a leader.
The first time I heard Clay speak on this topic, I thought, This should be a book. And now it is. Noise is inevitable. Noise is distracting. In this book Clay provides leaders with practical ways to turn down the noise personally and organizationally.
- ISBN: 9780310598695
- ISBN 10: 0310598699
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2019-09-24
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $24.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2019-09-24
- Trim Size: 147.000mm x 221.000mm x 22.000mm
- Weight: 330.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Professional Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Leadership
- Category 3 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Leadership
- Category 4 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Personal Success