No Is a Beautiful Word
On Sale: 2019-02-12
If most people are honest, their plate is full, their margin is thin, and their life feels overloaded. They are looking for help and relief to navigate the countless options that life offers every day. No Is a Beautiful Word will give insights and ideas for how people can say no to many good options so they can say yes to the best options.
About the Book
If a person has extra time, nothing to do, and finds themself looking for ways to fill their empty days...this book is definitely not for them.
No Is a Beautiful Word is designed and crafted for people whose plate is full, whose margin is thin, and whose life feels overloaded. They are looking for help, relief, and wisdom to navigate the countless options that life offers on a daily basis.
This book is needed by people who:
- Go to bed with a "To Do" list that never seems to get totally done.
- Kindly say, "Yes" and secretly regret it five minutes later.
- Feel pain and live with guilt when they have to say, "No."
- Were taught that "No" is a dirty word.
- Believe that saying "No" is a sign of weakness.
- Feel trapped by unwise past commitments.
- Want to say "Yes" to what matters most in life but are too exhausted.
- Know that their life is out of balance and are seeking to fix it!
It will be valuable for:
- Leaders who have a tough time making the hard decisions because they fear hurting someone's feelings.
- Executives who feel over extended and pressed to the edges of their capacity.
- Parents who feel overworked and under appreciated.
- Students who are trying to balance the intensity of school, work, and their relational world.
- Retired people who find themselves saying, with subtle humor but aching regret, "I am more busy now than I have ever been!"
- Single people who go to bed at night exhausted because the day left no margin and offered no oasis of peace.
- Married people who love their life but secretly dream about time to play, space to relax, and taking a nap.
No Is a Beautiful Word is designed to be read briskly, chewed on thoroughly, and acted on practically. The chapters are brief by intention. They range from one paragraph (that's right, some chapters are only a few sentences long!) to four pages.
The goal of this book is give people clear concepts, paint a picture of what it looks like to live out the idea, and then move on to the next thought. The vision is to help people learn to say "No" to the things that don't matter (or don't matter as much) so they can say "Yes" to the things that bring life, hope, peace, and lasting meaning.
Pure genius! Say yes to this delightful and insightful study of no. It may very well change your life!
This outstanding book is really not about saying no. It’s about saying yes to what matters most. A gracious no is the gateway to purpose and priority.
This book reclaims the power of the most underappreciated word in the English language. This is a training manual on how to focus your life and priorities on the things that matter most.
This book is easy to read, it’s fun to read, and it hits so close to home. I’m innately terrible at saying no, but Kevin’s chapters have convinced me I can be saved! I highly recommend it.
Finally, somebody says what so many of us need to hear. Our most precious resource is time, and priorities are the way we decide how to spend our time. And that means having the heart and mind to say no.
Reading this book has given us insight on how best to say no to others and also to each other without ruffling marital feathers. We have already put many of the nos to use, and they work!
This book has easily made my list of top ten leadership books of all-time. Kevin digs into the issue that will have the greatest impact on your ability to maximize this one life.
Kevin lives what he leads. In this book, he guides us into the secret of saying yes to a meaningful life.
This book is a critical read for anyone who struggles with busyness. It will inspire and encourage you to say yes to what really matters.
Kevin Harney brings a fresh, creative, and long-overdue perspective on the power and importance of saying no. A must read for leaders and managers at all levels.
Kevin’s gentle queries and challenging ideas helped me make adjustments to live into the power of thoughtful choosing.
What an incredible book! After reading it, I found I had more time for Jesus.
- ISBN: 9780310586067
- ISBN 10: 0310586062
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2019-02-12
- Pages: 208
- List Price: $16.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2019-02-12
- Trim Size: 137.000mm x 213.000mm x 15.000mm
- Weight: 185.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Professional Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Church / Leadership