Cultural Engagement introduces the main principles of cultural engagement and surveys a variety of Christian responses to nine of today’s key cultural issues including sexuality; gender roles; human life and reproductive technology; immigration and race; creation and creature care; politics; work; the arts; and war, weapons, and capital punishment.
About the Book
How should Christians approach important contemporary issues like war, race, creation care, gender, and politics?
Christians in every culture are confronted with social trends and moral questions that can be difficult to navigate. But, the Bible often doesn't speak directly to such issues. Even when it does, it can be confusing to know how best to apply the biblical teaching.
In Cultural Engagement: A Crash Course in Contemporary Issues authors Joshua D. Chatraw and Karen Swallow Prior first offer a broadly accessible framework for cultural engagement and then explore specific hot topics in current Western culture including:
- Gender Roles
- Human Life and Reproduction Technology
- Immigration and Race
- Creation and Creature Care
- War, Weapons, and Capital Punishment
Featuring contributions from over forty top thinkers, proponents of various views on the specific topics present their approaches in their own words, providing readers an opportunity to fairly consider options.
Unique in how it addresses both big-picture questions about cultural engagement and pressing current issues, Cultural Engagement provides a thorough and broad introduction useful for students, professors, pastors, college ministers, and any believer wanting to more effectively exercise their faith in the public square.
- ISBN: 9780310534570
- ISBN 10: 0310534577
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2019-07-09
- Pages: 368
- List Price: $29.99
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Publication Date: 2019-07-09
- Trim Size: 157.000mm x 236.000mm x 30.000mm
- Weight: 494.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Social Issues
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / Exegesis & Hermeneutics
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Theology / Ethics
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Ministry / Pastoral Resources