How to Read the Bible Book by Book by Gordon D. Fee and Douglas Stuart helps people read the Bible as a whole by showing how each book fits into the grand narrative of Scripture. For each book of the Bible readers are given orienting data, a brief overview, advice for reading, and a section-by-section walkthrough.
About the Book
Reading the Bible need not be a haphazard journey through strange and bewildering territory. Like an experienced tour guide, How to Read the Bible Book by Book takes you by the hand and walks you through the Scriptures. For each book of the Bible, the authors start with a quick snapshot, then expand the view to help you better understand its message and how it fits into the grand narrative of the Bible. Written by two top evangelical scholars, this survey is designed to get you actually reading the Bible knowledgeably and understanding it accurately.
In an engaging, conversational style, Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart take you through every book of the Bible using their unique, progressive approach:
- Orienting Data—Concise info bytes that form a thumbnail of the book
- Overview—A brief panorama that introduces key concepts and themes and important landmarks in the book
- Specific Advice for Reading—Pointers for accurately understanding the details and message of the book in context with the circumstances surrounding its writing
- A Walk Through—The actual section-by-section tour that helps you see both the larger landscape of the book and how its various parts work together to form the whole. Here you are taken by the hand and told, “Look at this!”
How to Read the Bible Book by Book can be used as a companion to How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth. It also stands on its own as a reliable guide to reading and understanding the Bible for yourself.
- ISBN: 9780310518082
- ISBN 10: 0310518083
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2014-06-24
- Pages: 448
- List Price: $22.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2014-06-24
- Trim Size: 133.000mm x 203.000mm x 28.000mm
- Weight: 453.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / General
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / General
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Biblical Commentary / General
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Biblical Reference / General