In Only One Life, mother-and-daughter team Jackie Green and Lauren McAfee share the stories of remarkable women from Bible times to today, inviting you to join the company of women God is using to change the world.
About the Book
Life keeps us running so fast and frenzied that we often lose sight of each day’s holy potential. Yet as a woman loved and called by God, your ordinary everyday matters more than you could possibly imagine.
Your choices today shape the legacy you leave for future generations. You are part of a story that has existed long before you and will long outlast you. And you can play a unique and irreplaceable role.
In Only One Life, mother-and-daughter team Jackie Green and Lauren McAfee invite you to join the company of women God is using to change the world. Through vivid portraits of women of the Bible, women of history, and women shaping the world today, you will discover how God multiplies seemingly small daily offerings of faithfulness. Come and see your own story reflected in the lives of women such as:
- Mary Magdalene, the first witness to Jesus’s resurrection.
- Catherine Booth, an early apologist for women’s rights and co-founder of the Salvation Army.
- Christine Caine, a contemporary speaker and human rights activist
- And other ordinary women who have done extraordinary things, including Harriet Tubman, Queen Esther, Lottie Moon, and Joni Eareckson Tada.
Building a legacy through your “only one life” is not a calling for the elite few. It is a calling for you—as a woman with unique capacity to shape the future through your faith, family, gifts, and leadership. Only One Life will encourage and empower you to develop grit, grace, and the long view—able to change your world forever—starting today.
- ISBN: 9780310352709
- ISBN 10: 0310352703
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2018-06-05
- Pages: 256
- List Price: $9.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2018-06-05
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Women's Issues