In Not God Enough, J.D. Greear explains that the thing between you and the vibrant faith you want isn’t answers to all our spiritual questions, but an escape from the small God we’ve imagined in place of an actual encounter with the real, awesome, glorious God of the Bible.
About the Book
Your God is too small.
We like God small. We prefer a God who is safe, domesticated, who thinks like we think, likes what we like, and whom we can manage, predict, and control. A small God is convenient. Practical. Manageable.
The truth: God is big. Bigger than big. Bigger than all the words we use to say big.
Ironically, many today seem turned off by the concept of an awesome, terrifyingly great God. We assume that a God you would need to fear is guilty of some kind of fault. For us, thinking of God as so infinitely greater and wiser than we are and who would cause us to tremble in his presence is a leftover relic from an oppressive, archaic view of religion.
But what if this small version of God we’ve created is holding us back from the greatest experience of our lives—from genuine, confident, world-transforming faith?
In Not God Enough, J.D. reveals how to discover a God who:
- is big enough to handle your questions, doubts, and fears
- is not silent
- is worthy of worship
- wants to take you from boring to bold in your faith
- has a purpose and mission for you on earth
- is pursuing you right now
God is not just a slightly better, slightly smarter version of you. God is infinite and glorious, and an encounter with Him won’t just change the way you think about your faith. It’ll change your entire life.
- ISBN: 9780310337867
- ISBN 10: 0310337860
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2018-02-06
- Pages: 240
- List Price: $2.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2018-02-06
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Inspirational
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Personal Growth
- Category 4 : RELIGION / Faith