A revised edition, this book plumbs the depths of our sorrows, whether due to illness, divorce, or the loss of someone we love. In coming to the end of ourselves, we can come to the beginning of a new life. Includes a new preface and epilogue.
About the Book
With vulnerability and honesty, Jerry Sittser walks through his own grief and loss to show that new life is possible - one marked by spiritual depth, joy, compassion, and a deeper appreciation of simple blessings.
Loss came suddenly for Jerry Sittser. In an instant, a tragic car accident claimed three generations of his family: his mother, his wife, and his young daughter.
While most of us will not experience such a catastrophic loss in our lifetime, all of us will taste it. And we can, if we choose, know the grace that transforms it.
A Grace Disguised plumbs the depths of our sorrows, whether due to illness, divorce, or the loss of someone we love. The circumstances are not important; what we do with those circumstances is. In coming to the end of ourselves, we can come to the beginning of a new life.
- ISBN: 9780310258957
- ISBN 10: 0310258952
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2004-12-30
- Pages: 224
- List Price: $22.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2004-12-30
- Trim Size: 25.000mm x 25.000mm x 25.000mm
- Weight: 453.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 2 : FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / Death, Grief, Bereavement
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Spiritual Growth
- Category 4 : SELF-HELP / Death, Grief, Bereavement