On Sale: 2019-08-21
Format: DVD video
In 1, 2, and 3 John, A Video Study, each of the books' passages is interpreted in the light of its biblical setting, with a view to grammatical detail, literary context, flow of biblical argument, and historical setting.
About the Book
In 1, 2, and 3 John, A Video Study, author and New Testament scholar Karen Jobes seeks to bridge the distance between academic biblical studies and pastors, students, and laypeople who are looking for an in-depth treatment of the issues raised by these New Testament books. She approaches the three letters of John as part of the corpus that includes John's gospel, while rejecting an elaborate redactional history of that gospel that implicates the letters. Jobes treats the major themes of the letters under the larger rubric of who has the authority to interpret the true significance of Jesus, an issue that is pressing in our religiously pluralistic society today with its many voices claiming truth about God.
A companion to 1, 2, and 3 John in the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament series, this video study examines the literary context and structure of each passage in 1, 2, and 3 John and provides verse-by-verse commentary and theology in application.
- ISBN: 9780310100416
- ISBN 10: 0310100410
- Imprint: Zondervan Academic
- On Sale: 2019-08-21
- List Price: $74.99
- Publisher: Zondervan Academic
- Series: The Zondervan Beyond the Basics Video Series
- Publication Date: 2019-08-21
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Biblical Commentary / New Testament
- Category 2 : RELIGION / Biblical Studies / New Testament
- Category 3 : RELIGION / Biblical Criticism & Interpretation / New Testament