Unique in its approach to maximize efficiency, the What’s Best Next Video Study presents a God-centered, gospel-oriented perspective that addresses the proper motivation to drive productivity--serving others to the glory of God.
About the Book
Do work that matters.
Productivity isn't just about getting more things done. It's about getting the right things done--the things that count, make a difference, and move the world forward. In our current era of massive overload, this is harder than ever before. So how do you get more of the right things done without confusing mere activity for actual productivity?
The What's Best Next Video Study, a companion to What's Best Next and the What's Best Next Study Guide by author and productivity expert Matt Perman, offers a practical approach for improving productivity in all areas of life. It will help you better understand:
- Why good works are not just rare and special things like going to Africa, but anything you do in faith even tying your shoes.
- How to create a mission statement for your life that actually works.
- How to delegate to people in a way that actually empowers them.
- How to overcome time killers like procrastination, interruptions, and multitasking by turning them around and making them work for you.
- How to process workflow efficiently and get your email inbox to zero every day.
- How your work and life can transform the world socially, economically, and spiritually, and connect to God's global purposes.
By anchoring your understanding of productivity in God's purposes and plan, the What's Best Next Video Study will give you a practical approach for increasing your effectiveness in everything you do.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
Busting the Twelve Myths About What it Means to Get Things Done (8 min)
0 - Introduction: Why We Need a Uniquely Christian View on Productivity
1 - Why Is it So Hard to Get Things Done? (5 min)
2 - Why Efficiency Is Not the Answer (10 min)
3 - Why We Need to be God-Centered in Our Productivity (18 min)
4 - Does God Care About Getting Things Done? (14 min)
5 - Why the Things You Do Every Day Matter (12 min)
6 - Put Others First: Love as the Guiding Principle for All of Life (19 min)
7 - How the Gospel Makes Us Productive (12 min)
8 - Peace of Mind without Having Everything Under Control (11 min)
9 - The Role of Prayer and the Scriptures in Our Productivity (19 min)
10 - The Core Principle for Making Yourself Effective (12 min)
11 - What's Your Mission: How Not to Waste Your Life (23 min)
12 - Finding Your Life Calling (8 min)
13 - Clarifying Your Roles (15 min)
14 - Setting Up Your Week (7 min)
15 - Creating the Right Routines (9 min)
16 - The Problem with Full System Utilization (6 min)
17 - The Art of Making Time (17 min)
18 - Harnessing the Time Killers (14 min)
19 - Weekly Planning (19 min)
20 - Managing Email and Workflow (12 min)
21 - Managing Projects and Actions (15 min)
22 - Daily Execution (11 min)
23 - Productivity in Organizations and Society (17 min)
24 - The Greatest Cause in the World (25 min)
25 - Conclusion (2 min)
- ISBN: 9780310100164
- ISBN 10: 031010016X
- Imprint: Zondervan
- On Sale: 2019-12-10
- List Price: $29.99
- Publisher: Zondervan
- Publication Date: 2019-12-10
- Trim Size: 136.000mm x 190.000mm x 16.000mm
- Weight: 145.000gr
- Category 1 : RELIGION / Christian Life / Professional Growth
- Category 2 : BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Time Management