Return to the Bible as it was before chapters and verses.
The Bible isn’t a single book. It’s a collection of many books that were written, preserved and gathered together so that they could be shared with new generations of readers. The Bible is an invitation to you to first view the world in a new way, and then to become an agent of the world’s renewal.
The Books of the Bible, NIV helps you have a more meaningful encounter with the sacred writings and to read with more understanding, without centuries of added formatting, so that you can take your place more readily within this story of new creation.
“There is no Bible more suited to reading from beginning to end.”
— Scot McKnight, author of Jesus Creed
• Chapter and verse numbers have been removed from the text.
• The books are presented instead according to the internal divisions that we believe their authors have indicated.
• A single-column setting is used to present the text more clearly and naturally, and to avoid disrupting the intended line breaks in poetry.
• Footnotes, section headings and any other additional materials have been removed from the pages of the sacred text.
• Individual books that later tradition divided into two or more parts are put back together again.
• The books are arranged in an order that helps you understand the Bible more completely.
|Publish Date||Nov 6, 2012|
|Bible Translation||New International Version|
- Review by Joyce in Georgia
Because the books within are arranged in an order different than other Bibles, it's not the handiest to use in church or small groups when you want to follow along and have the traditional order memorized...though the Table of Contents helps in those situations.
But let me tell you, of the many Bibles I've had over the years, this is the one that has actually gotten read the most! (Posted on 9/9/2015)
- Review by David
That said, I am extremely disappointed with the paper used. It is very thin and has an extreme amount of bleed-through, making it hard on the eyes to read (worse than any other Bible I've ever seen). It was so distracting I had to return the Bible after just a few days.
I bought the Kindle version, but it's just not as convenient to use. I will happily purchase a print version again if Zondervan uses better paper. (Posted on 3/10/2015)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)