Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, this completely revised edition—Numbers-Ruth—in The Expositor’s Bible Commentary series puts world-class biblical scholarship in reader’s hands.
Based on the original twelve-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors’ studies worldwide, this new thirteen-volume edition marshals the most current evangelical scholarship and resources. Its fifty-six contributors, thirty of whom are new, represent the best in evangelical scholarship committed to the full authority of the Bible.
The thoroughly revised features include:
- Comprehensive introductions
- Short and precise bibliographies
- Detailed outlines
- Insightful expositions of passages and verses
- Overviews of sections of Scripture to illuminate the big picture
- Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues
- Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question
- Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes
- A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinion
|Contributor||Tremper Longman III , David E. Garland , Ronald B. Allen , Michael Alan Grisanti , Helene Dallaire , Mark J. Boda , George Schwab|
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is the Robert H. Gundry Professor of Biblical Studies and the chair of the Religious Studies department at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California, where he lives with his wife, Alice. He is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
|Publish Date||Oct 23, 2012|
|Series||The Expositor's Bible Commentary|