In this ten-session small group Bible study, award-winning author Philip Yancey brings you and your small group on an adventure of gut-level encounters with radical, life-changing stories of God’s grace.
Through candid interviews, Yancey weaves true-life faces and experiences into powerful sessions that offer intimate glimpses of God’s power to forgive the most deplorable deeds, love the unlovable, and redeem the seemingly irredeemable. And through Yancey’s pull-no-punches style he will bust through preconceptions and get participants thinking and talking, and help you discover together why grace is truly amazing.
This study will help you gain a better understanding of what grace is, why it is so precious, and will teach you how to integrate it into your life. Engaging questions, provocative Bible studies, and lively discussions are just part of the package. You’ll also be challenged to look for grace where it counts most: in your character and personal life.
If you’re ready to discover grace as more than just a fluffy concept, buckle your seat belt. You’re about to take a journey to the heart and soul of Christianity. The next life grace changes could just be yours.
When used in together, this Participant Guide and companion DVD provide you with a practical tool that can help grow your faith.
1. The Missing Ingredient: A Beautiful Word, a Powerful Concept
2. Letting Grace Soak In: God’s Love for the Undeserving
3. An Unnatural Act: Extending Grace When You’ve Been Wronged
4. The Art of Forgiving: Responding with Grace When It Seems Impossible
5. Skin-Deep: The Power of Grace to Penetrate Racism
6. Grace Put to the Test: Grace in the Face of Disagreement
7. Grace Abuse: Cheapening Grace and Robbing It’s Power
8. The Church Backslides: How Legalism Corrupts Grace
9. Dispensing Grace: How Can We Do It?
10. Counterforce: Grace Set Loose in the World
|About the Contributor(s)||Philip Yancey
Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Website: www.philipyancey.com
|Publish Date||Dec 26, 2012|