Drawing on papers from the landmark 2003 National Evangelical Anglican Congress, Guarding the Gospel deepens and expands the topics covered by its counterpart, Fanning the Flame. This book contains the groundbreaking material written specially for the occasion, focused on the theme of the Congress, ‘Bible, Cross and Mission’.
Guarding the Gospel maintains that
• The Bible is our boundary, beyond which we will not stray and up to which we must live.
• The Cross is our centre, from which everything we believe and do flows.
• Mission is our task to which we are all committed.
Guarding the Gospel is a compendium of insights addressing a broad array of topics and concerns facing evangelical Anglicans today. Its contributors, all speakers at the 2003 NEAC, include the following:
Canon Dr Christina Baxter
• Rt. Revd Wallace Benn
• Rt. Revd Graham Cray
• Ven. Dr. Paul Gardner
• Revd Chris Green
•Most Revd and Rt. Hon. Dr David Hope
• Professor Edith M. Humphrey
• Most Revd Dr. Peter Jensen
• Rt. Revd James Jones
• Revd Professor Alister McGrath
• Revd Professor David Peterson
• Revd Vaughan Roberts
• Canon Professor Anthony C. Thiselton
• Revd Dr. Chris Wright
• Professor Gordon J. Wenham
• Most Revd and Rt. Hon. Dr Rowan Williams